Monday, April 6, 1998

April 6, 1998: Driving around the Suburbs

Mom and I went to get our car at the Elm St. garage. It cost me $15 to park it for 10 hours.    I wanted to drive around downtown and show my mom where the Oprah show was filmed. Then, we drove by Lane Technical, which was one of the largest high schools in Chicago. I had never seen anything so big in my life.    We drove through Mount Prospect, Arlington Heights, Palatine, and Schaumburg.    We went shopping at Woodfield mall.    We had pizza at Bertucci's which was delicious.  

Then, we drove around Downers Grove, Naperville, Lisle, Lockport, Tinley Park, Oak Forest, and then back to Michigan.   Neither of us cared for the suburbs as we didn't feel they had a focal point.   We had a nice conversation on the way home.   I decided I needed to stay at IRI to gain more work experience.  IRI was a great company to work for, but it was very specialized.      I knew that in the future, I would have to get some other experience.

No comments: