Tuesday, March 31, 1998

March 31, 1998: Subleasing & New Apartment

It was a hard day for me today, as I was so nervous about finding someone to sublease my apartment.    I paid the management of Dearborn Plaza $200 to help me find a tenant.  It was a cute apartment, but only 325 sq. feet.  I wanted to have a roommate to hang out with.     I learned so many lessons with making this decision to move.     I was worried about coming up with $1100 on the new apartment up near Wrigleyville.  I know that God didn't give me more than I could handle.   
I put in ads in the Chicago Reader and newspaper.   A guy named Matt Peters came to look at my apartment to sublease and said it would be perfect.   I was so relieved.

After work, I went to my old apartment on Dearborn to pick up some things to move to my new apartment at 905 W. Cornelia, Apt. E.   It was just 1 block south of the Addison 'El' stop.   My roommate was Katy Kiech, whom I met in my bible study. 

No comments: