Saturday, April 18, 1992

April 18, 1992: Easter Vigil at St. Francis-Becoming a Catholic









Easter Vigil was tonight.   It was one of the many events inscribed in my life's pages in my personal story book.  George, Marianne, Wendy, Joy, Pauline, Charlene, Steve, Kara, Grandpa and Grandma Gonyo, Grandpa and Grandma Thomas, and my mom were there to help me celebrate this special day.  

We went out to dinner at Doodles.  Our neighbor, Anne Ruthkowski, gave me $10 for my first Communion. Her grandson, Jeff, gave me an egg and candy.   The ceremony was gorgeous with all the candles lit.   At that ceremony, I told myself that this marked a new beginning and that I would try and be more confident and not so shy around people.    I made my first communion and confirmation.    

No comments: